When selecting the best cutting wheel for the job,
it’s important to consider not only the up-front wheel cost,
but also the costs associated with downtime and changeover.
In many applications, selecting a zirconia alumina or ceramic alumina cutting wheel provides a lower overall cost of use
because operators can perform significantly more work with the same wheel and spend much less time changing wheels to finish a job.
When given the opportunity to do a time study,
it is often a big surprise to the line leader or foreman to see how much time their operators spend changing wheels
and walking to the tool crib for replacements.
One such study found that a single cutting wheel changeover took more than 30 minutes,
given that each operator had to walk to the tool crib,
sign out another wheel, wait for the wheel,
return to their cell and then change the wheel before continuing the job.
This loss of productivity can be staggering to any business.
In cases like this, there is a significant benefit to selecting a higher quality,
more durable product.
The individual wheel cost more than pays for itself through minimized downtime and reduced overall consumable use.
- The Importance Of The File Mill Of The Chain Saw
- Difficulty In Starting Oil Sawing Machine
- Judge Why The Oil Saw Can Pull The Cylinder
- Common Problems And Treatment Methods Of Garden...
- Common Problems With Oil Saw Carburetor
- How To Choose The Oil Saw Brand When Buying Oil...
- How To Solve The Problem Of Oil Saw Guide Plate...
- Requirements For The Use Of Oil Saw Oil
- Oil Saw USES Common Problems
- The Cause And Solution Of High Temperature Flam...
- What Wheel Thickness To Use And When
- Using Proper Technique For Abrasive Wheel
- How To Select And Use The Best Cutting Wheel Fo...
- The Basics Of Cutting Wheels
- Some Tips Of Grinding Wheel
- What Does The Rest Of The Description Mean Afte...
- Christmas Activity Of Nova Cutting Wheel
- What Are Grinding Wheels Used For? Which Bond I...
- EXTRA DUTY FOR CIRCULAR SAWS: CUTTING METAL AND...
- Choosing The Right Grinding Wheel 1