SECURE YOUR WORK
The last thing you want as you’re routing your material is to have to chase it across the shop. It needs to be secure to your bench. One solution is to clamp your material in place, but the clamp often gets in the way of the router and has to be repositioned. My preference is to use a router mat which provides an excellent non-skid surface . With your project on the mat you can work around all four edges without interference. You can find router mats at some home centers and woodworking specialty stores.
Here’s a tip. If it seems like your mat is losing its grip, rinse it under water to get the dust out of it. That usually helps
Don’t even consider plugging the router in until you’ve got ear and eye protection on. Routers are loud enough to cause permanent damage to your hearing if you’re not protected. And you should, of course, always wear eye protection when using tools.
GO IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
In order to safely use a router, you’ve got to move it in the right direction. When routing the outside edge of a board, you should go counterclockwise (Photo 9). Going in the correct direction prevents the router from climb cutting and getting away from you.
When routing the inside edge of a frame, move in a clockwise direction .
START IN THE RIGHT SPOT
If you’re routing all four edges of a board, it’s important to make the cuts in the right sequence. Start on end grain . As the bit exits the end grain, it may slightly chip the adjacent edge. When you rout that edge you’ll automatically clean up any chipping.
- The Importance Of The File Mill Of The Chain Saw
- Difficulty In Starting Oil Sawing Machine
- Judge Why The Oil Saw Can Pull The Cylinder
- Common Problems And Treatment Methods Of Garden...
- Common Problems With Oil Saw Carburetor
- How To Choose The Oil Saw Brand When Buying Oil...
- How To Solve The Problem Of Oil Saw Guide Plate...
- Requirements For The Use Of Oil Saw Oil
- Oil Saw USES Common Problems
- The Cause And Solution Of High Temperature Flam...
- How To Choose Rotary Hammer
- Flap Disc Uses
- QIxi Festival Chinese Valentine's Day
- You Should Know Before You Buy Sanding Disc
- Getting Started With Your Flap Discs
- How Should I Handle The Wheel After Use
- HAND TOOLS & FASTENER EXPO
- Chain Saw Anti-vibration System
- Polisher Product
- HAND TOOLS & FASTENER EXPO NEW DELHI INDIAN