What Does The Rest Of The Description Mean After The Size?
- Dec 12, 2018 -
T-1 means the grinding wheel is flat. This is also referred to as a Type 1 Grinding Wheel or a straight toolroom wheel;
Vitrified is the bonding of grinding wheel;
A36 - A means it is an aluminum oxide grinding wheel and the 36 means the grinding wheel is composed of a medium grain size also known as grit. See the grain size chart below.
A/O also means aluminum oxide;
RPM is the Revolutions Per Minute or Maximum Operating Speed - not all specifications will show this. The tool, the grinding wheel and application must be in agreement to ensure safe operation.
Grinding Wheel Specification Sheet
Coarse: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 20, 24
Medium: 30, 36, 46, 54, 60
Fine: 80, 100, 120, 150, 180
Soft: B, D, E, F, G, H
Med: I, J, K, L, M, N
Hard: O, P, Q, R, S, T
B2: Resin Bonded
BF: Reinforced Resin
A- Dark Aluminum Oxide – Most common grain. Used for Heavy Duty General Purpose
AS3- 20% Ceramic Aluminum Oxide, 30% Pink Grain, 50% White Grain. Excellent for form and corner holding.
AZ- Blue Aluminum Oxide- Grinds fast with excellent cool cutting action and requires minimal dressing.
RA- Red Aluminum Oxide (Ruby)- Harder grain and sharper than PA & AZ wheels good for steels with high level chromium
PA- Pink Aluminum Oxide- General Purpose Grain that is tough but friable. Tool Room sharpening applications.
WA- White Aluminum Oxide- Highly friable grain for fast cool cutting. Good for light grinding on all steels particularly on tool and die steels.
GC- Green Silicon Carbide- very friable use for carbide grinding applications.
- The Importance Of The File Mill Of The Chain Saw
- Difficulty In Starting Oil Sawing Machine
- Judge Why The Oil Saw Can Pull The Cylinder
- Common Problems And Treatment Methods Of Garden...
- Common Problems With Oil Saw Carburetor
- How To Choose The Oil Saw Brand When Buying Oil...
- How To Solve The Problem Of Oil Saw Guide Plate...
- Requirements For The Use Of Oil Saw Oil
- Oil Saw USES Common Problems
- The Cause And Solution Of High Temperature Flam...
- Christmas Activity Of Nova Cutting Wheel
- What Are Grinding Wheels Used For? Which Bond I...
- EXTRA DUTY FOR CIRCULAR SAWS: CUTTING METAL AND...
- Choosing The Right Grinding Wheel 1
- Wheel Shapes
- Tying It All Together
- Care And Feeding For Grinding Wheel
- What Are Superabrasives?